Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Pasta/Ravioli: My First Attempt

This year I did a lot of things for the first time in my kitchen. This was my first attempt to make pasta/ravioli of different shapes and sizes.
The dough us dark coloured because I mixed some raagi powder (finger millet powder) with the flour.
For the filling of ravioli, I made a thick paste of sattu, shredded onion and tomato and fresh green chilli so that everything is totally plant-based.
The final dish was spicy with a lot of tomato puree.
I did the whole process during the night in my small bedroom secretly. We don't really have a baking culture of that of naking continental food and my experimentscare neither vencouraged nor appreciated. How one's personal freedom can be so restricted may be unintelligible by many, especially for those with no experience of how phenomenal parental interference can be in certain cultures. But I hope, I will soon be able to leave soon once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment