Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Mixed Veg Rice: Plant-based Whole Food

Nowadays my priority is improving my proficiency really fast in one of my target languages (TL). In addition to my professional need that was always there, since very recent I have a new personal need, too, a need to make myself understood in that TL to a native speaker who has been doing a lot to spread the teaching-learning of that TL in our region. So, I don't have much time for anything else. But cooking is my stress buster. And since a few months I have been doing successful experiments in changing my diet aiming to lose weight without becoming weak. Therefore, preparing my own healthy but delicious meals is a necessity also. Earlier also I've posted one pot recipes of rice. Here's the dish I prepared yesterday morning for breakfast:
Below are the ingredients.
I soaked rice and musur (red) dal for half an hour after rinsing them well.
I just put everything together in a pressure cooker poured water, added some salt and cooked untill 5 whistles.
Before serving I stirred and mixed everything very well No oil. Not at all spicy. (You can add some cumin- and coriander powder it that suits your taste.) And very quick. Ideal for a busy professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment