Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2020

লাউয়ের তরকারি -- Bottle Gourd Curry

This is a bottle gourd.To make a curry, I cut it into very tiny pieces, then after heating some mustard oil in high flame, add the seasoning of sliced fresh green chilli and nigella seeds into it and then add the vegetables and lower the flame. I stir well and ket the vegetable cook for a few minutes on low flame. I add some freshly made turmeric paste and salt and mix very well. Water starts coming out from the vegetable. I add the peas and cover and let it cook. after about six/seven minutes I check. I stir well and add shredded fresh coriander leaves and cover and ket it cook again until it's thoroughly done. The actual cooking time depends on the quality of the gourd. Thus dish has many richer variants. We often add snall shrimps or বড়ি, small , sun-dried lentil cones to it. But this one is the simplest. But curting the vegetable is a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment