Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Broad Beans Sautéed and A Very Simple Dinner

Broad bean is সীম /sheem/ in Bengali. It's a very versatile ingredient. You can prepare it with poppy seed paste, make stuffed broad beans or add them in fish curry. Here I am making a very simple side dish to go with rice and dal. I sliced them very thinly and after having heated mustard oil till its smoking point added nigella seeds and fresh green chilli lowering the flame. Then I added the beans and stired and sautéed them. After a few minutes I added my homemade turmeric paste and again stirred to mix it well. And then we cover it. We don't add water and the beans don't release a lot of water. Therefore we keep an eye and stir every now and then. You can see the beans soften, their colour changes and the quantity reduces. Add salt. Usually we add a pinch if sugar but I have stopped adding sugar to my dishes and nowadays add less salt than earlier. Cook it until thoroughly done. It won't take much time at this point. The lentil soup in the picture is musur dal and I used garlic, onion and dried red chili for the seasoning. In addition, you can see, fried pumpkin slices on the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment