Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Mixed Vegetable Curry Without a Single Drop of Oil

A Successful Experiment

Anyhow I must keep the oil intake within the maximum quantity recommended by health and nutrition professionals that is no more than 20 grams per day. If I cook vegetables in our traditional method, I definitely add a lot more oil. So I decided to try making a vegetable curry without compromising the taste.

I simply boiled these vegetables and with mug (yellow) and musur (red) dal and then, just after serving added some salt and pepper. It was bland but not bad.
The quantity was enough for more than one meal. I had it for dinner. Next morning I mixed some semolina into it because I want my breakfast heavy. I also added a little more salt, just a little turmeric powder and some pepper and goda masala. Then it looked like this:
My Oil-free Upma
It was tasty and filling but no too heavy.

Garbanzo Beans and Kidney Beans with Vegetables

Delighted by this success, I decided to try oil free dishes every day.
So, yesterday I prepared another oil-free dish of garbanzo beans and kidney beans with carrot, fresh french beans, a little potato and cauliflower.
I soaked garbanzo- and kidney beans overnight. During this time I changed the water once. In the morning, I cooked these beans first in the pressure cooker for eight whistles. I cookef them simply in water. Then I waited for some time so that the air pressure inside the cooker reduces. Then I added all the vegetables and added salt, garam masala, a little coriander powder and black pepper, mixed everything well and closed the lid. I let it cook once again for eight whistles. Later I boiled this for a few minutes to make the gavy thicker. I mashed the garbanzo beans and the potatoes a little bit. So, you cannot see the beans a lot but you can see the kidney beans here:

I had it with roti today. It will taste good with steamed rice, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment